Fortron KPS is a linear polyphenylene sulfide(PPS) resin that offers exceptional mechanical strength, heat resistance, chemical resistance, and flame resistance. Kureha developed and began producing this high-performance material in 1987. It is highly regarded worldwide as a tough and heat-resistant super-engineering plastic.
- Exceptionally tough, offering considerable improvement over previous cross-linked PPS products
- Few ionic impurities, making it suitable for applications demanding strict electrical characteristics
- Excellent thermal stability, making it easy to mold
- Good weld strength and excellent secondary workability, such as with screws or press fittings
- Exceptional properties suitable for a wide–ranging manufacturing, from automobiles to smartphones.
- Automobile components
- Electric & electronic components
- Office equipment
- Plumbing equipment
PPS is produced at the Iwaki Factory in Fukushima Prefecture (10,000 tonnes annually), and by Fortron Industries in North Carolina in the United States. Together these two world-class facilities produce 25,000 tonnes annually to meet the growing demand for PPS.
- Advanced Polymers Department
- TEL:03-3249-4693 / FAX:03-3249-4603