Bead-Shaped Activated CarbonBAC
Behind-the-scenes support for the environmental business
BAC is a highly spherical activated carbon made from petroleum pitch. Developed using Kureha's original technologies, its excellent strength and flowability enables wide-ranging uses, including air deodorizing, gas adsorption and water purification.
- High fill capacity High bulk density allows for high-density filling, providing better adsorption capacity than a similar volume of coal-based or coconut shell-based activated carbon.
- High flowability High flowability allows the activated carbon to spread throughout even complex-shaped containers.
- Low carbon dust No binders are used in the formation process, meaning excellent strength and wear resistance, and less dust.
- High purity The raw material pitch has few impurities, resulting in a low level of metal impurities.
- Precise particle size distribution Particle diameter is consistent by grade, providing stable performance.
- Water treatment facilities
- High flowability, low carbon dust, and precise particle distribution make BAC ideally suited for adsorption on fluidized beds.
- Production plant exhaust gas and waste water recovery systems
- High flowability and strength allow for use on the gaseous layer inside pipes, or liquid-fluidized beds
- Clean room air and chemical filters
- High purity, low carbon dust and high fill capacity have led to use even in fixed beds, and applications requiring separation from foreign matter.
- Polysilicon production process
- High purity prevents contamination by impurities during the production process.
Learn more about BAC
Contact for inquiries
- TEL：Please use the inquiry form
- Product Groups
- Search by Application
Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)
- Fortron KPS
Polyglycolic acid (PGA)
- KUREHA Microsphere
- KREMEZIN / COVALZIN
- Construction & Other Services